This came in from the Chamber today:
In our efforts to help out those preparing to protect their homes and businesses from the increase in water releases along the Missouri River, the Yankton Area Chamber of Commerce is currently looking for help in these areas:
1) We need more boxes/totes/packing tape delivered to the Chamber, 803 E. 4th St., for people to be able to come and pickup.
2) We need pickups/trailers/drivers to transport sandbags out to locations.
3) We need people at certain locations to unload the sandbags and put them in place.
4) We have a need for a skidloader and driver.
5) We need people to help move belongings into trailers.
6) Trinity Lutheran Church is taking snacks for volunteers — anything that doesn’t melt or is sticky.
Anyone wanting to volunteer should give us a call at 665-3636, and we will get individuals to the correct areas.